Hi, I’m Alexandru-Sergiu Marton, an univeristy student interested in programming, free software and a bit of mathematics. I usually go by the nick brown121407.
For my projects and work experience see my resume.
Want to chat? Shoot me an email or ping me on IRC. If it’s sensitive, encrypt it with my public key, attached below.
- Writing a simple IRC Client in OCaml —
- Losing weight —
- Moving to a VPS (Vultr) —
- Sourcehut: Don’t break mailing list threading with Gnus —
- Suckless Guix —
- Patching Suckless software —
- NearlyFreeSpeech reflections —
- GNU Guix: (Interactive) manifests —
- Start Emacs as a daemon —
- My preferred GNU/Linux distributions —
- StumpWM and fonts —
- A module system for coding FTC robots —
- StumpWM —
- New: PROJECTS page —
- Enlightenment: Git patches and mailing lists —
- GNU Guix: Databases —
- GNU Guix System: Fonts, icons and cursors —
- CS teachers hate him! See how he wrote READABLE code with one simple trick… —
- Use Adwaita cursors in the GNU Guix System —
- Contributing to Guix —
- Getting into Lambda Calculus —
- Moving to NearlyFreeSpeech.NET —
- Build a blog with Emacs and Org mode —
- GitLab Pages and custom subdomains with Namecheap —
- why the fuck is the marquee tag deprecated? —
Posts from other blogs I follow...
I will have more to say about Gemini in the future, but for now, I wanted to write up some details about one thing in particular: the trust-on-first-use algorithm I implemented for my client, gmni. I think you should implement this algorithm, too! First of all, it’s important to note that the Gemini specification explicitly mentions TOFU and the role of self-signed certificates: they are the norm in Geminiland, and if your client does not support them then you’re going to be unable to browse many sites. Ho…Blogs on Drew DeVault's blog
Singing Praises, Crying Woes IRC is one of those networking and communication protocols that ages well with the internet. Free software lovers, developers, and casual netizens (especially those born before the millenium) have created the infrastructure for discussing topics we are passionate about. Freenode and OFTC both have systematically helped structure not only project coordination and collaboration, but have created lasting ties between people as free software is an inherently social act. IRC repr…Brett Gilio's blog
Hi! Regardless of the intense heat I’ve been exposed to this last month, I’ve still been able to get some stuff done (although having to move out to another room which isn’t right under the roof). I’ve worked a lot on IRC-related projects. I’ve added a znc-import helper to soju to ease migration from ZNC: this tool will read the ZNC configuration file and fill soju’s database with users, networks and channels. A simple built-in ident server is now included and allows upstream servers to correctly apply rat…emersion
Generated with org-webring -- v1.6